Montag, 13. Mai 2013

Pupil’s statements about this time in the U.S.

Pupil’s statements about this time in the U.S.

•        I’ve become more self-confident.
•        I have some nice friends and I am not shy anymore.
•        Speaking English became easier.
•        I’ve found more friends through Facebook.
•        I feel like a real „american“ student.
•        I’m more independent, speak more fluently and understand quite a bit.
•        I got more self-consistent, I make appointments, do my laundry and organize my own food.
•        I became open to  foreign food.
•        People are friendly and encouraging (even when I go jogging by myself).
•        Teachers and other students complimented on my clothes.
•        Everything is so big and wide. There is lots of space everywhere.
•        Everybody eats so fast. Even when you go out to a restaurant. I always have to hurry up so that nobody has to wait.
•        Lots of people drink soft drinks. You can drink out of 2 liter cups!
•        At the fitness center you’ll find muskular or corpulent people… but no one in between.
•        The other students help us quickly when we don’t understand.
•        Everything is a bit more loose : you can eat during class. A teacher said to one of the students eating gummy bears : « Oh, those are my favourites ! »
•        The time table is always the same but you have  differnt class mates depending on the  subject.
•        We hear lots of compliments and ecouragements.
•        Other students come and ask me how I am doing.
•        You can choose more subjects at school.
•        We have great sports facilities (gym and eagle stadion)
•        At home I get spoiled… like in a hotel !
•        My host mum went to buy a dress for me because of prom night.
•        It’s difficult to help my host family. They don’t let me do anything.
•        They enjoyed my home made Swiss food.
•        Everything is more comfy.
•        My host parents are very friendly. They drive me lots by car.
•        My host parents bought a raclette oven because of me.
•        Because they heard we like fruit my host parents bought many different kind of fruit.
•        Sometimes everything happens very fast in the morning. Sometimes I have to run out oft he house in my socks holding my shoes.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen